- “[System Drive]\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1\SyncToyCmd.exe” -R MyFolderPair
Run SyncToy from a Command Line
SyncToy can be run from the command line to provide support for scheduling or automating folder pair execution. The command line executable by default is located at: [System Drive]\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1\SyncToyCmd.exe.
SyncToy does not support running multiple copies of SyncToyCmd.exe at the same time. If a second instance of SyncToyCmd.exe is executed, there will be no errors and the command will not be executed.
The parameters provided by this command line interface are described below:
- -R Run all folder pairs that are marked as Active For Run All.
- -R [Name] Run the named folder pair (only one folder pair can be specified).
- SyncToyCmd -R MyFolderPair
- SyncToyCmd -R
NOTE: There can be no space between the -R parameter and the MyFolderPair name.
It is also possible to manage folder pairs from the command line. Note: Folder pairs are managed through SyncToy.exe whereas scheduling is performed through SyncToyCmd.exe as described above.
SyncToy does not support running multiple copies of SyncToy.exe at the same time. If SyncToy is already running in in the Task Bar, and a second instance of SyncToy.exe is launched with or without any command line parameters, it will simply bring the already running instance into focus and no errors will be reported.
The parameters associated with SyncToy.exe are described below:
- -d(left=, right=, name=,operation=Synchronize|Echo|Contribute, [check=yes|no], excluded=,included=) Creates a new folder pair with the specified options:
- left – mandatory, provide absolute path for left folder
- right – mandatory, provide absolute path for right folder
- name – mandatory, provide name of folder pair
- operation – mandatory, specifiy action type for this folder pair
- check – optional, specify whether file contents should be checked for file matching, default is no
- excluded – optional, specifies exclude filter for files, defaults to none
- included – optional, specifies include filter for files, defaults to all
- -u Delete one or more folder pairs, no user data will be deleted
- -? Display Help
- SyncToy -d(left=e:\,right=c:\Pictures, name=MyPictures,operation=contribute)
- SyncToy -uMyPictures
bat："D:\myNewPrograms\SyncToy\SyncToyCmd.exe" –R SyncToyTest1